INCA TRAIL PERU 2 DAYS
DID YOU KNOW!
Inca Trail is one of the best treks considered in Peru, Now you have the opportunity to make the Inca Trail originates in 2 days is the best way to know the culture and history of our Incas, a path that takes you through endless journeys bordering a beautiful mountain and immersing yourself in the eyebrow of the jungle with beautiful waterfalls and fascinating viewpoints typical of the Inca.
- Tour Type: Hiking, adventure, history, culture.
- Good For: Moderate physical fitness.
- Difficulty: Moderate.
- Starting Altitude – 2100m / 6900ft.
- Highest Altitude – 2730m / 8,792ft.
- Walking Distance – 10km / 6.3 miles.
- FIRST : To make a reservation, send us an email [email protected] to check availability, it is very important to check spaces for the date.
The Ministry of Culture in Peru is in charge of all the regulations of the Inca Trail; Today, due to the large number of travelers that the Inca Trail tour is added to the visit each year and its conservation has been restricted and has limited places, only 500 spaces per day are enabled.
To obtain a quota, you should consider making your reservations from 6 months to 8 months before, consider for both routes Inca Trail 4 days and Inca Trail 2 days
If the permits are exhausted by the desired start date, there are many other roads that lead to Machu Picchu. We can help you find the perfect walk for you.
Day 01: Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes
- 04:00 hrs. Pick up from the hotel
- 04:15 hrs. Departure by bus from Cusco – Train station (Ollantaytambo)
- 06: 10/06: 40 hrs. Travel by train to Km 104
- 08: 00/08: 50 hrs. Km 104 walk – Wiñayhuayna
- 11:45 hrs. Rest and Lunch
- 3:00 p.m. Walk to Machu Picchu
- 15:45 hrs. Descent by bus to Aguas Calientes 25 min.
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner and overnight
Day 02: Visit to the wonder of the world “Machu Picchu”
- 06:00 hrs. Breakfast
- 07:00 hrs. Climb by bus to Machu Picchu 25 minutes approx.
- 08:00 hrs. Visit to Machu Picchu 2 hrs. approx.
- 13:00 p.m. Return to Aguas Calientes
- 14: 55/16: 22 hrs. Return by train to Ollantaytambo
- 18:05 hrs. Transfer by bus, Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- 8:30 p.m. Arrival to Cusco
Day 1: Cusco – Km. 104 – Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes
You will be picked up from your hotel at 3.30 a.m. and transferred (by bus) to the train station in Ollantaytambo to take the 7 a.m. train to 104 Km (2000 m.a.s.l.) located along the Urubamba River where the hike (Camino Inca) will begin. Before heading to visit the Inca archaeological site, we will provide you with a packed lunch and drinks, as well as a briefing, which will be provided by our professional guide. Here you have the chance to take in the beautiful vista of the snow-capped mountains and when ready, start our hike towards the classic Inca trail where we will visit: Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu, the Urubamba River and other Inca sites.
From 104 Km it will take around 3 hours to hike to Wiñayhuayna (Quecua for “Forever Young”) 2600 m.a.s.l. 8 km. To many this place hosted the ancient houses of the ancient priests of Machu Picchu. Continuing on this route we will arrive at Inti Punku (4 km) where we will have the first view of the historical sanctuary of Machu Picchu. From here the trail will start to descend towards Machu Picchu where we will have the opportunity to take some spectacular photos. We will take a bus to Aguas Calientes where the guide will take us to the hotel, followed later by dinner at a restaurant.
DIA 02: Tour a Machu Picchu “La ciudad perdida de los incas”-CUSCO
- Hora de Salida: 5:30am
- Duración de guiado:2hrs
- Tiempo de viaje en bus: 25 mints
- Altitud de Pueblo de Machu Picchu: 2,200 msnm.
- Altitud de la Ciudadela de Machu Picchu: 2,430 msnm.
Luego de levantarnos muy temprano y tomar desayuno, subiremos a la ciudadela Inca de Machu Picchu y podremos apreciar el espectacular amanecer de esta maravilla.
Luego realizarán excursión con nuestro guía por la ciudadela de Machu Picchu, por espacio de 2 horas, en el recorrido visitara los recintos más importantes de esta ciudad como son: la Plaza Principal, la Torre Circular, el Sagrado Reloj Solar, Los Cuartos Reales, el templo de las Tres Ventanas y Los Cementerios, su tour durá más de dos horas. Luego se le dará tiempo libre para dar un paseo por la ciudadela. Tendrán toda la mañana en Machu Picchu para tomarse fotos y estar en este místico lugar. Luego bajaremos en bus a Aguas Calientes y por la tarde tomaremos el tren de regreso a Ollantaytambo a las 19:00 o 14:30, donde nuestro personal estará esperando por Usted, para transportarlo en bus hacia la ciudad del Cusco.
- Information prior to departure: One day before you will have a meeting with your Guide, to receive all the information you can be in a group in our office or staff at your hotel, The meeting will be at 6:00 PM the afternoon before you start your trip.
- Transportation: Pick up will be by private vehicle from your Hotel to take you to the Ollantaytambo Train Station (where you will take the train to Km 104)
- The train ticket: from Ollantaytambo to Km 104
- Experienced guide: Professional guide with authorization to the Inca Trail. Your guide will explain the culture and surroundings along the entire route. He or she will keep you safe, healthy and comfortable on your walk so you can enjoy your time without worries.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail.
- Accommodation: 3 *** HOTEL
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and snacks (vegetarian, vegan or special menus available at no additional cost
- Snacks on day 1: our snacks consist of local fruits, cookies, chocolate, candies, etc. We will give you this snack at the beginning of each day in your cloth bag.
- One cloth bag for snacks per person: to avoid the use of plastic bags that pollute our environment, we will give you a cloth bag for your snacks.
- Medical kit: our team will bring a first aid kit, which includes an emergency oxygen bottle
- Train tickets: From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (“Expedition” service with Peru Rail at 18:20 hrs (subject to availability))
- Transportation: Private transportation from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco (Day 2)
- 24-hour guest service: we have a telephone service available 24 hours a day to facilitate communication and preparation with the agency that leads to your trip.
- We will create a memorable lifetime experience for you.
- Bus ticket down and up to Machupichu
- Trekking poles: you can rent a game from our company if you wish.
- 2nd Day: Lunch and dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Day pack
- Hygiene products: a small towel will be provided before each meal to wash your hands.
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Travel insurance
- Tips for our staff: keep in mind that our agency staff is well paid, so feel free to tip or not as you wish.
- Additional costs or delays beyond the control of the administration (landscape, bad weather, modification of the itinerary due to a security problem, illness, change in government policy, political instability / strike, etc.).
- Luxury hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Train ticket with “Vistadome” (premiere class).
- Additional night in Aguas Calientes.
- Visit to Huaynapicchu: additional cost of USD 75.00.
This hike does NOT include porters. You will carry all your things while you walk. Because of this, it is imperative to pack as lightly as possible. A lightweight backpack is key to feeling good.
LIST OF LUGGAGE:
- Valid STUDENT CARD (if booked as a student)
- Immigration card (delivered on the plane upon entering Peru)
- Good backpack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage: the water tank such as Camelbaks or bottles are good for this walk.
- Water for the beginning of your walk. We will stock you at lunch.
- Comfortable hiking boots (light with good soles)
- 1 wick / hiking shirt and hiking pants
- Nice shirt and pants for Machu Picchu day: remember that you will always treasure these photos, wear something you love
- 2 sets of underwear that include a pair of hiking socks
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Sun hat
- Bathing suits for hot springs (Optional on your own in Aguas Calientes)
- Sunscreen cream
- Insect repellent
- Personal medication
- Personal first aid kit
- IPhone / iPod for music
- Flashlight with spare batteries
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks and tips.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
- How to know if it is Inca Trail Tour is for me? The 2-day Inca Trail tour to Machu Picchu is one of the original preserved roads of the Inca era where not everyone manages to buy the quota, it is made for every passenger that you can walk without having to do a lot of training just really want to walk, but that you can mobilize alone, However, you always recommend having a little time in Cusco to acclimatize yourself by the altitude of the city of Cusco before starting the Inca trail .
- What is the best time to do the Inca Trail tour? The climate in the Andean region is marked by two seasons: the best dry season (from April to October) and the rainy season (from November to March). Keep in mind that, despite being a rainy season, on the same day there may be rain and sun rising, cloudy skies and even a lot of sun.The Inca trail opens from the first day of March of each year until the end of January by day, tourists from all over the world come to visit Machu Picchu 365 days a year. The months with the highest influx of tourists are from April to September. Machu Picchu is in the jungle, so its climate is warm and humid. Temperatures vary between 8 º and 20 º C. It is advisable to wear clothes for cold and heat.
- IS THE INCA ROAD TOUR CLOSED IN FEBRUARY? Since it is a rainy season the road is closed for maintenance.
- HOW MANY DAYS BEFORE I NEED TO BE IN CUSCO TO ACLIMATE ME? It is very important to be well accustomed to the altitude before straining on a hike. so that you can acclimatize and avoid possible problems with altitude sickness while you are on the hike.We can help you organize day trips and other tours of Cusco for acclimatization: City tour Cusco – Half day tour / City Tour Matinal Tour Valley Sacred – Full day tour If you have already been in another area of Peru of high altitude before arriving in Cusco, we recommend that you have a full day in Cusco to rest, recover from your trip and enjoy the sights and sounds of Cusco before leaving for the walk.
- How is the reservation process: FIRST To make a reservation, send us an email [email protected] to check availability and receive personalized reservation forms: All customers must complete a Passenger Details form at the time of booking. Go to the reservation This form is prepared with the following information (OF EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot buy any Salkantay Trek Classic permit or ticket 5 days without the following information: * Personal information (full name, exactly as in your passport): * Gender * Passport number * Date of birth (dd / mm / yyyy) * Nationality Once you make your reservation we will reserve as quickly as possible for the large number of Operators looking to get space for the whole year.SEGUNDO, Sakura Expedition will ask to complete a reservation form with all the details and then a deposit of $ 200 per person . Once we have all the deposits and details, we will reserve your permits. When the permits are in our hands, we will send you your confirmation invoice indicating that everything is 100% confirmed and will be guaranteed.
- BEFORE TRAVELING, WILL I RECEIVE TRAVEL INFORMATION? One day before the departure of your trip, you will receive detailed information with your Guide, this may be group or personal in your Hotel
- UPDATE OF PASSPORT NUMBERS The government will only allow us to change passport numbers if we have a copy of the new passport and the previous passport. If you no longer have your previous passport, any government identification document will be accepted, provided the name is the same. Also, make sure your passport does not expire after six months and less during the course of your trip.
- HOW TO GET TO CUSCO Most people will arrive in Cusco by air. Remember that Cusco airport is only for national trips. If you come directly from abroad through Lima, you must get your bags in Lima and check them again for your flight to Cusco. Four airlines fly back and forth between Lima and Cusco. That includes LATAM Airlines, AVIANCA Airlines, Sky airlines. All offer similar schedules, but we generally recommend LATAM or AVIANCA airlines. They tend to be the most formal when unexpected flight cancellations or delays occur.
- CAN I SPEND AN ADDITIONAL NIGHT IN AGUAS CALIENTES ? Of course, if you agree to take the same train from Aguas Calientes that is part of your original itinerary, which is usually at 18:20 at night, then there is no additional charge To return the train one day. If you need us to insure your hotel or another visit to Machu Picchu, this will have an additional cost. If you choose to spend another night in Aguas Calientes, be sure to inform the Sakura Expeditions office at least one month in advance, so that your train ticket is purchased for the correct day.
- DO YOU NEED WALK BOOTS? We always recommend hiking boots. Those who have ankle support are helpful, especially for the inexperienced hiker. Because you will be going down so many steps created by the Incas, now uneven and at different heights, the additional support helps protect the ankle.
- SHOULD I USE WALK STICKS? The canes are always useful for hikers, and are recommended for this hike. There are so many stairs that will go down and all made by the Incas. They vary in height and are not all straight. The use of canes can help relieve knee pressure by making this part of the path. In addition, they will help you climb the mountain too. For those who bring their own, make sure you have rubber tips, or the rangers will not allow you to use them. You can buy rubber tips in Cusco if you forget before leaving.
- THE PENDING BALANCE? It would be highly appreciated if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. We have many ATMs in the historic center to withdraw money.
- HOW MANY LITERS IS THE WALK BACKPACK RECOMMENDED? Generally, a backpack of 30 to 60 liters is enough.
- CAN I LEAVE MY LUGGAGE IN YOUR OFFICE? Of course! During the trip, your main luggage can be stored in our office or in your hotel, both free of charge.
- DO YOU TIP? Tipping is part of the tradition of any trek to Machu Picchu. While it is true we pay good salaries to our entire team, anything extra is always appreciated. Keep in mind that this is not mandatory and that you should never feel pressured by this.
We are excited to make your Inca Trail trip and guide you to Machu Picchu, as long as there are quotas remember, the permits are only valid only for your START DATE.
Group price (2020): $ 450 per person
Private tours are based on group size (2020):
- 2 hikers $ 510 per person
- 3 hikers: $ 480 per person
- 4 hikers: $ 470 per person
- 5 hikers: $ 460 per person
- 6 or more hikers: $ 450 per person
We include a three (3) star hotel Eco Machu Pueblo, Machu Adventure house (depending on availability in the reservation). Rooms are based on double or triple occupancy, and there is a surcharge for a single room of $ 30 USD per person if you book alone. All rooms include a private bathroom with hot showers and wifi. We can also improve your hotel if you prefer something a little more elegant. Remember that the service you receive in Aguas Calientes will not be as good as the one in Cusco. Below is a list of possible upgrade options, but we can work with most hotels in Aguas Calientes.
For those who want a single room or travel alone, there is a $ 30 room charge to cover the total cost of the room. We do not make bunk beds of hikers alone together. This covers the hotel including La Cabaña, and will be more expensive for improved hotels.
– $ 25 discount per person
Student discounts apply to anyone who has a UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD valid at the time of the walk or who is 17 years old or younger. For those who use a University Student Card for children under 17, we need to see a copy of their card or passport at the time of booking to receive the discount.
Please send everything to information to [email protected].
Huayna Picchu is the mountain that is next to Machu Picchu. It is a 45 minute walk to the top. While this hike is on your own, your guide will guide you to where this hike begins. There is an additional entrance ticket that we can secure for you with prior notice.
The ticket costs $ 75 per person.
Machu Picchu Mountain
The mountain of Machu Picchu is the other mountain that lies on the ruins of Machu Picchu. It offers even more impressive views than Huayna Picchu, but it takes an hour and a half to reach the top. You can book this with an additional entry ticket that we can insure for you.
This ticket costs $ 75 per person.
Extra day in Machu Picchu
You will have a full day in Machu Picchu, arriving at the citadel around 6 a.m. and leaving no later than 2 p.m. to take his train 4:22. If you also want to tour Machu Picchu again on your own the next day, we can also organize this for you.
Terms and Conditions
The following credit cards are accepted:
Visa / Mastercard / American Expres / Diners Club and PayPal / Wester Union
Booking the Inca Trail quota requires a deposit of $ 200.00 of the total price of the trek. Please note that this deposit is mandatory to buy the train and entrance tickets Inca Trail and Machu Picchu, everything is subject to availability. After your deposit and reservation confirmation, your outstanding balance must be paid when you arrive in Cusco, either 48 hours before departure or during your information session. If you do not pay outstanding balances before departure, you will not be able to participate in your walk.
Deposit is not refundable, deposit is not transferable
You should consider the extra card usage charges:
1.- The deposit by Visa / Mastercard / American Expres / Diners Club has a 7% + fee that will be assumed by the passenger, This deposit is non-refundable, it is not transferable.
2.- The deposit by Paypal has a charge of 7% + of the fee that will be assumed by the passenger. This deposit is not refundable, it is not transferable.
3.- The deposit by Wester Union can be done at any agent for this you will need the data of the person to whom you will send, and I must request it through this email [email protected].
o Once the payment has been made you should receive a confirmation of your deposit that will be sent by Visa / Mastercard / American Express / Diners club or PayPal according to the card used.
o Once the sakura Expedition company receives your payment, it will send a confirmation of your payment and confirmation code of your service.
o If Visa / Mastercard / American Express / Diners club or PayPal did not send a payment receipt you should immediately contact your bank and see if your payment proceeded.
o If payment by Wester union you must send us the payment Boucher or the MTCN sent.
If the Sakura Expedition company does not send confirmation of your deposit and reservation you should immediately contact [email protected].
Final Payment Conditions.
The balance of your debt will be paid in our Cusco office 2 days before the Start date. However, you can also pay in advance through Visa / Mastercard / American Expres / Diners club or PayPal with a 7% + fee, which will be borne by the customer.
In our office we accept dollars or Peruvian currency of any denomination. We do not accept broken banknotes of the denomination dollars. If you do not arrive in Cusco 2 days before your trip begins, your payment must proceed with the Sakura Expedition team before your arrival.
The Inca Trail tour is subject to itinerary changes based on a variety of circumstances.Sakura Expedition reserves the right to cancel or change any trip due to rivers, roads, weather conditions or political climate. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to the more state of the client, due to age, health problems, poor physical condition, intoxication, etc. Trip not made due to the aforementioned incidents (eg, weather conditions or political climate) cannot be refunded or recovered.
In case of delays in arrivals in Cusco (due to delays in flights, buses, etc.), Sakura Expedition assumes no responsibility for lost tours or trekking departures. Sakura staff will do everything possible to adapt and make the necessary modifications. However, all additional costs for such modifications will not be included in the original price of the walk and will be borne by the customer.
The price and duration of a trek trip will never change once you are registered. Payments are not refundable for itinerary changes or protests. If a tour is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control, a travel document equal to the total amount paid will be issued so that you can submit to your travel insurance.
MEDICAL CERTIFICATE BY RECOMMENDATION
We require medical authorizations for possible guests over 70 years old and for various circumstances, such as a history of cardiovascular diseases, chronic diseases and other conditions and factors.
Inform the guides if you have any medical illness, pill or chronic illness to prevent any accident or emergency, if you have the first aid kit for the trail it will be very useful for the members’ hikers.
For your protection, we strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
Travel insurance provides cancellation or interruption of travel, travel delay, medical expenses, emergency assistance, luggage and luggage delay coverage to protect your financial investment. The medical coverage purchased with your policy also works in these cases.
CHANGE POLICY: “NO EXCHANGE OF DATES EXISTS?
On this Inca trail tour there is no change of date, last name or transfer to another passenger by regulation of the Ministry of Culture, In this case you must buy a new ticket that has a cost.
CANCELLATION POLICIES OF YOUR SERVICE ALREADY RESERVED
• In case you have to cancel your trip, cancellation fees will be assessed as described in our policies.
• Your cancellation must be notified to this email [email protected].
• These cancellations will only be applied to the total amount of the contracted service and not to the guarantee of your deposit. (The deposit that is the guarantee is not refundable, nor transferable).
• Four weeks before departure: 60% percent of the total price paid for the excursion will be retained.
• Four weeks to five days before departure: 80% percent of the total price of the excursion will be retained.
• Five days to 36 hours: 90% percent of the total price of the excursion will be retained.
• 24 hours before, 100% percent of the total price of the excursion will be retained.
• We charge these fees because there is a large amount of expenses that the company makes to secure your trip.
• Unfortunately, there are no exceptions. We are happy to deliver a letter to your insurance company to help recover some of the costs as long as they send us the notification in the mail.