MACHU PICCHU BY BUS 2 DAY- VIP
DID YOU KNOW!
The sanctuary of Machu Picchu was chosen as one of the second wonders in 2007, in an online voting worldwide, since it is very visited, there are 2 ways to access one of them is by train, however this tends to be very expensive , today there is an alternate route that is entered taking car to hydroelectric an option for all visitors who do not have many income and who like the adventure.
By changing altitude, it is recommended to take some pills for dizziness or altitude sickness (Soroche Pill, Aspirin or Coca Mate).
General description of the trip:
- Route: Alternative by car.
- Duration: 2 Days and 1 Night.
- Departures: All year round
- Trip type: Adventure, History.
- Suitable for: Travelers with low economy.
- Difficulty of Hike 2: semi moderate hike
- Departure and return time: 07:30 am – 9:30 pm.
- Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day and cool at night. The temperature ranges between 12° and 24° degrees.
- Payment: By PayPal and Western Union
This trip prepared for travelers who like to enjoy more of nature without much effort, if they told you that trains could only take for Ollantaytambo, Now there is the other more economical mode taking trains from hydroelectric to not walk much and enjoy more of our Wonderful MachuPicchu.
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for the Andean Community (Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia).
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for foreign students with a physical card from their university (The card must show your photo, effective date that is not longer than one year); ISIC cards from August 1, 2017 are NOT accepted.
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for Peruvians identified with ID or passport.
1st DAY: CUSCO – SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRICA – MACHUPICCHU PUEBLO
- Check Out Time: 07:30 am
- Duration in car: 7 hours of travel approximately, 85% of the road is asphalted and 15% is trail.
- The bus has 2 stops Ollantaytambo for 15 minutes to use the toilet and to board passengers who hired the service in this area.
- Train distance: 11 kilometers 30 minutes
- Accommodation: From 2 people (double or matrimonial room) single room is more USD 15.00.
- Considerations: Dinner is a typical dish.
- Time of Walk: 8 minutes Sakura Station – Train Station.
- Difficulty: Smooth 8 minutes.
- Altitude reached: 4,350 meters.
- Altitude of the walk: 1,800 meters.
- Accommodation: From 2 people (double or matrimonial room) single room is more USD 15.00.
In the morning we will concentrate on the main square in from of McDonald’s door 07:00 a 07:15 hrs.
07:30 am we will approach our mobility, we will receive a small recording talk to leave Cusco, The Tour will start with a pleasant and scenic towards the Town of Yanahura near Ollantaytambo, until this place we will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the area, we will take a short break of 25 minutes (approx.), continuing our journey from the town of Ollantaytambo to the highest part of this trip called “Abra Málaga” which is at an altitude of 4,316 meters, at the foot of the Verónica mountain .
From this point the trip continues the beautiful landscape with puna flavor after about 15 minutes we will start the descent towards the jungle, passing through the different micro – climates that make these landscapes a paradise within the majestic snow – covered peaks and making this place a tropical climate. We will continue our route by a paved road in perfect condition passing through the town of Alfamayo, Hyuro: located at 1500 masl one of the largest tea producers in Peru. High quality Huyro tea.
By having a warm and tropical climate you can also see a lot of plantation of fruit trees such as banana, pineapple, mango, orange granadilla, mandarin and many more.
Town of Santa María: Located at 1500 meters above sea level, tropical zone this place is well known for the production of fruits in great quantity.
Village of Santa Teresa: Located at 1590 masl very warm and quiet place is interesting for the thermal baths known as the Baths of Colcalmayo very visited by tourists and well known for the production of coffee and lots of coca leaves and finally we will reach Hydroelectric to the private terminal of the company here we can have lunch and take energy to continue our trip
From here we will start with the walk following the dirt road next to the railroad track which is an approximate of 3 hours following the Vilcanota River from the top, the Waynapicchu mountain will not be welcoming, until arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes, Arriving you will be taken to the designated accommodations. After a relaxing bath in your lodgings it will be time to enjoy a delicious dinner together with the guide. At that moment, he will have the opportunity to review the itinerary for the next day’s visit “Citadel of Machu Picchu”, Here we will spend the first night.
2nd DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES-MACHU PICCHU
- Departure: 04:30 am
- Bus Time: 20 minutes Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Guided hours: 2 hours.
- Altitude of Machu Picchu Pueblo: 2,200 meters.
- Altitude of the Citadel of Machu Picchu: 2,430 meters
- Altitude of the walk: 2,400 meters. (5,906 feet).
- Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day and cool at night. The temperature ranges between 12 ° and 24 °.
In the morning at 4:30 am approximately we will get up to start our adventure from a height of 2200 meters above sea level, we will begin our ascent towards the citadel of Machu Picchu at 2400 masl, this is a walk of 01 hour 30 minutes (approx.) By a Zigzag way through the beautiful jungle eyebrow or have the option to go to the citadel by bus (not included).
We will meet with the guide at 06:00 am at the main entrance of Machu Picchu, our guide will start at 06:30 am. Here you will have a guided tour for 2 hours in places like; main temple, intihuatana, solar tower finalizing the guided in the sacred stone. Afterwards you will have free time to stay in Machu Picchu, return at 11:00 AM or (coordinate with your guide) to the Machu Picchu gate to take our bus to town of Machu Picchu or Aguas Calientes Town for 25 minutes after you will have to take the train at 13:30 p.m. to the hydroelectric train station finally take the car between 14:20 – 14:45 in the private terminal of Sakura Expedition, to return to Cusco arriving at approximately 21.20 hours.
Estimated Travel Time
|Meeting Point||Departure Time||First stop||Destination|
|McDonald (7:00 am)||(7:30 am)||Ollantaytambo(9:30 am)||Hidroeléctrica(14:00 pm)|
Useful travel information
- They are approximately 7 hours of travel, 85% of the road is asphalted and 15% it’s dirt road.
- The bus has 2 stops Ollantaytambo for 15 minutes to use the toilet and the second to board passengers who hired the service in this area.
- By changing altitude, it is recommended to take some pills for dizziness or altitude sickness (Soroche Pill, Aspirin or Coca Mate).
What is included?
- Pick you up from the main office Sakura Expedition: Calle garcilaso Nro 265 – of -1 close to san francisco square at 07:00 am.bus to Hidroeléctrica
- Bus Cusco – Hiedroeléctrica – Cuscon with air condition, GPS, Free Wi Fi; (active Cusco – Ollantaytambo) – Cusco
- English speaking professional guide in Machupicchu
- 1 lunch 1 dinner 1 Snack
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- 1 night hotel *** confortable: with breakfast buffet, hot water, Wi fi, private bathroom, cable TV, luggage storage Aguas Calientes
- Bus to up and down to Machu Picchu
- Train Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes – hidroelctrica
What is not included?
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes US$5.
- Tips, Last day meals.
What you need to bring/carry
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek. Recommended: T shirts, shorts and some warm clothes.
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Strong, comfortable footwear.
- Water bottle
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream).
- Insect repellent.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper.
Terms and conditions:
All passengers must travel read their conditions before hiring the service:
- The warranty is 90 USD for the reservation of the service has no refund, because it will be used for the purchase of the entrance to Machupicchu and other expenses.
- If the passenger cancels missing 12 hours or same day of the trip the passenger will lose 100% of the ticket without any claim.
- In the event that for various reasons the passenger decides to cancel the service that is missing 24 hours from the departure of the trip will be paid in a penalty of 50% as allowed the services purchased by the following companies and discounting expenses and realized .
- The company reserves the right to prevent the travel of passengers who are under the effects of alcohol, narcotics or in case of serious state of health of the passenger to attend the conditions of the trip.
- The company is not responsible for the cancellation of the trip by external climatic reasons such as strikes, landslides caused by the nature and cause delay or stop trip there isn’t refund.
- If once made the bus trip and any blockage or hindrance in the normal development of the trip occurs, the agency is not responsible for the extra expenses: meals or nights of accommodation services have to use.
- Passengers who are not at the time of departure or return time will be your responsibility, losing the service without a complaint.
- Passengers who decide separated from the group or change your itinerary without informing 12 hours before is all the responsability of them, and can’t use the service again.
- All claims must be made before or during the trip to see a solution but will not accept the end of the trip
- The transport company has Mandatory Insurance SOAT traffic accidents, this will be used while passengers remain inside the vehicle.
LUGGAGE & BELONGINGS :
- Your luggage travels inerior, responsible passenger belongings.
- The company is not responsible for lost objects, after having completed the shuttle to your destination.
EXCLUSION OF TRANSPORTATION: (under Peruvian law Transport)
- People who are under the influence of alcohol, drugging of other narcotics.
- People who carry firearms, flammable substances or any other element that represents a danger to the safety and security of passengers.
- In case of natural phenomena, rain, earthquakes, preventing the free transit of vehicles.
- Roadblock by civil commotion, (wars, riots, social mobilization).
- The carrier EXCLUDES compensations for delay and / or loss of flights, trains, buses, hotels or any non-transport events.
Nuestro servicio de hotel
After a long trip You need a well deserved and a great rest, it is the same as Sakura expedition Take care of the minimum details, Here the perfect selections for your stay in Aguas Calientes, the planned, we have hotels*** Comfortable rooms with WiFi, 32-inch flat-screen TV, private bathroom with towels, desk, bed linen, […]More Information
Nuestro servicio de transporte
We have modern tourist transport of 15, 19 and 20 passengers seats are comfortable and reclining, has air conditioning, oxygen ball, first aid kit, music, reading light. Your safety is first our transports have Gps, to control the speed of your transport, we have Soat, Obligatory Transport Insurance, and our drivers have years of experience.More Information